Autumn is my favorite season to play around with a bit of color and play up my eyes. I chose to use a rusty wine shade to create a messy grungy look but still keeping it very simple on the face. I hope you guys enjoy this quick video, TTYL!
I think my #1 accessory this fall/winter will be this darn hat, I’m obsessed! Janessa Leone is my one and only when looking for good quality wool hat. Her Dark Horse Collection is gorgeous and I really recommend checking them out!
Hat: Janessa Leone Gabrielle Hat // Blazer: Zara // Oversized Button Shirt: Old Navy // Boyfriend Jeans: Zara // Shoes: Vera Wang // Watch: Michael Kors // Clutch: Old Navy // Sunglasses: Ray-Ban Aviators // Bracelets: Shashi & Bandhu // Rings: HomeGrown Silver & Stone // Nails: Essie After School Boy Blazer
If you’re a lover of the whole 90’s lip then I suggest you go out and get this ASAP! Unfortunately this is a collection release so it’s a limited edition lipstick. Styled in Sepia is a cool browny taupe with a matte finish which personally is my favorite kind of lipstick. It’s similar to Rihanna’s Nude lipstick M.A.C released earlier this year, It sold out within hours and I was one bummed chick. I know it won’t be a shade for everyone but I do feel it will look great even on the palest of skins. I can’t stop staring at the darn thing, I might even buy a backup!
I am one to hoard an excessive amount of lip products in my makeup bag but I’m proud to say I’ve narrowed it down to just 4, then I realized they’re all pretty similar! I try my best not to overpack products for everyday touch-ups, some items are permanently in my bag at all times. These clear pouches from M.A.C have really come in handy over the past couple of years and unfortunately are no longer available but these pouches from Truffle are very similar. So here is what’s inside for the next Autumnal months. . .
- Oribe Hair Refresher - My hair has its own perfume and it is Oribe’s signature fragrance. Maybe it’s a bit crazy but I like every part of me to smell good and my locks still count right? You ever get that straightener burn smell every now and again throughout the day especially if your hair is down, don’t act like you don’t know?! It’s amazing and that goes for most Oribe products.
- Aesop Resurrection Rinse-Free Hand Wash - In other words just some fancy ass hand-sanitizer. I love the herbal cedarwood scent and it’s surprising hydrating.
- Diptyque L’Ombre dans l’Eau Solid Perfume - This is like my mid-day pick me up and I just rub it on my wrists/neck. It’s not a scent for everyone, I get told often that I smell like a minty tree but I’ll take it!
- Diptyque Tam Dao - I own the full size of this and although the bottle is gorgeous it would take up too much space in my bag so luckily I have a bunch of mini sample sprays.
- Nars All Day Luminous Powder Foundation - A recent purchase but every girl needs a mirror in their bag.
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger - HG concealer, I think I have one in the car too!
- Anastasia Brow Wiz - Need to keep my caterpillars tamed.
- Hourglass Mechanical Gel Liner - My “just in case I want a winged liner” for the day.
- M.A.C Half ‘N Half - It’s been on my lips since I got it, perfect peachy browny nude.
- M.A.C Bare Again - A my lips but better shade (I probably say that about most lip products, its how I justify owning them all).
- Burberry Lip Cover in Nude Rose - I just enjoy wiping out the magnetic packaging, the color is nice too!
- Burberry Lip Glow in Nutmeg - This is a nice shade for this time of year, it’s a dusky browny mauve that pairs nicely with any of the lip shades above.
Zara Knits (I may have a few more coming to the house)
Current FOTD : Eve Lom Radiance Primer, Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentrate, Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, Nars All-Day Luminous Powder Foundation, Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, Jouer Blush in Blossom, Tom Ford Spanish Pink Lipstick, Jouer Cream Shadow in Galaxy, YSL Touch Eclat Pen, M.A.C Subculture Lip Liner
I’ve really been enjoying rockin bare nails, embracing the natural look.
I’m definitely a setting powder kind of girl because powder foundations tend to lay on the heavier side of things. I am happy to announce that Nars has created the powder foundation of my dreams! Like all Nars packaging it has that chic rubberized texture to it and the compact itself is squared. There is a separate compartment that contains a sponge but I never use them, I don’t quite like the idea of smearing a sponge over my face. Now at first when I saw the word luminous in the description I was a bit turned off because all I could think of was shimmer or glitter, that isn’t the case with this beaut. You get that nice glowing finish without it being greasy looking. I chose the shade Stromboli which is a perfect match for my NC 35 skin tone, it has enough yellow in it to blend with my olive undertones. I like to apply this with my Nars Yachiyo Kabuki Brush and really press it into the skin. I’ve tried this on its own over concealer which leaves a really natural layer on the skin and evens it out, I think I prefer it over foundation just to give me that extra coverage. It doesn’t cake or cling to dry patches and it’s extremely lightweight so it doesn’t feel like you’re piling on chalk to your face.
As the day goes on I find that it looks even better once it starts to blend with natural oils produced on your face without the powder oxidizing. If you have dry skin this might be something you want to test out in store prior to purchasing and to my super oily gals this won’t keep you matte throughout the day. These powders remind me of the Hourglass Ambient powders but with pigment. So whats next Nars?
There’s just something about sitting down and applying your makeup that I find so satisfying. I use my desk as my vanity to be able to have all my daily items in one place. I also have little to no space in my bedroom to have a desk and separate makeup area so I’ve had to find storage and tools that don’t overpower my tiny worktop. The brushed nickel finish looks very nice against the frame of my desk and blends well with all of my makeup. I was fortunate enough to test out simplehuman’s Sensor Mirror and it kicks my cheap Ulta mirrors ass! It’s an 8″ magnified vanity mirror with LED lighting. They offer a smaller version which has a 5″ mirror or an 8″ wall mount (links below). I opted for the basic mirror just to be able to have a better view of my makeup application. The mirror has an automatic sensor that lights up as your face approaches so you never have to touch a button and shuts off once your presence isn’t detected in front of it. It also has a sturdy, nonslip base, and the mirror can be pulled up to adjust the height, as well as tilted fully back.
Other benefits of the mirror include:
– The tru-lux light system provides 600 lux and a color rendering index (CRI) of 90—more than twice as bright as the next best and more similar to natural sunlight.
– The mirror features high-performance LEDs that are rated to perform like new after 40,000 hours—that’s an hour a day, every day, for more than 100 years so you never have to change a bulb.
– The light recharges using a standard USB port or wall outlet. (One charge lasts up to five weeks.) No alkaline batteries are required.
– There are no cords to clutter up your countertop and the mirror is easy to use anywhere.
Specs: 5.7”W x 4.5”D x 11.7”H, 1.2 lbs
There are pros and cons to everything but I do feel that the mirror is well designed. The light can be a little bothersome if you move away from it but it literally takes seconds for the light come back on. I love that its cord free so I can move it anywhere I’d like in the house. The power button is located on the bottom of the base which is brilliantly placed so it doesn’t take away from the sleek design. The mirror is able to tell you when its low or fully charged by the indicator ring light at the base, it will glow green or red which is pretty self explanatory. It comes with cleaning cloth that is small enough to be kept nearby for quick wipe downs.
As for the makeup application experience, it’s really something else! I can see every single thing on my face which isn’t a good thing all the time (there was hair in places I never noticed I had) but great for tweezing, eye makeup application, winged-liner, etc. The light is so natural and illuminating, you don’t have to worry about it altering the appearance of pigmentation on the face (what you see is what you get). It’s a bit harder to see if you’ve applied blush/contour properly and I agree with Sabrina, you need to be able to step back to make sure things like that are evenly blended.
So is it worth the hefty tag price? In my opinion yes, I think it’s an investment type of item. It has a limited 5 year warranty which most mirrors don’t offer and I think it’s very well structured. If you are someone who invests in high-end foundations or brushes you can easily save up to purchase something that will help apply your makeup more efficiently. This mirror is also sold at Sephora and Bed Bath & Beyond so you can wait for F&F or use the BBB 20% coupon to save you a couple of bucks. I know $200 might not be reasonable for a lot of people but you wouldn’t have to worry about purchasing another mirror for a very long time. My friend and I played with it over the weekend and she couldn’t believe how clear everything looked.
You can watch it in action to get a better feel on how it works if you’re debating wether or not to take the plunge. Simplehuman are known for their amazing sleek products and are the best of the best. I’m very happy with the experience the sensor mirror has provided me and it has now become crucial that it’s charged at all times, I won’t look back.
I fell in love with a sweater from Acne but it was priced at $620!!!! I found an awesome alternative at Zara which is much more affordable at $50.
You all know I love a good shadow-kabob and these are pretty freakin awesome! First can we just talk about the black tin packaging? Not only is it my favorite color but it has a mirror in the lid, how genius is that! Inside you’ll find an insert telling you how to use the product and a cute little note from Ally & Taylor (creators of the brand). I was sent 2 of their Magnetic Eye Color Pencils but they do an array of other pencil-like products such as concealer, lip colors and even nail polish. I was so happy to see that the tin included its own pencil sharpener so I won’t have to worry about finding one that will fit.
Now on to the actual pencils which have the most amazing staying power, holy sh*t I couldn’t even wipe it off once it set! I really advise to do one eye at a time and blend quickly because once it’s on that’s it. I have the shade Night which is a rich matte black and Twilight which is a golden taupe. The shade Night is great for lining the upper lash line and creamy enough to use with an angled brush to create a soft winged liner. Twilight is a great dupe for Burberry’s Pale Barley Eyeshadow, it’s a tad darker but not by much and just a pretty everyday eye color.
I’m so happy with these and I’m looking forward to trying out more shades.They’re available on Space NK’s website and you can receive a complimentary lip and cheek pencil with any NUDESTIX purchase over $40. I feel that these are reasonably priced at $24 considering the quality and longevity of the shadows.